GIS Industry News
- New book for utilization of geotechnical engineering to Excavations
- Space traffic management and small satellites: new topics to be included in United Nations international space law discussions
- MDA wins geospatial contracts
- GeoNorth Imagery Capabilities Assist Alaska’s Dalton Highway Flood Emergency
- Video: Interview Ian Fraser, Director of Development of Thinkbox Software at 2015 SPAR International.
MAP~GIS’s goal is to lead the way in bringing accurate geospatial information to McCracken County / Paducah and its sister agencies in order to provide more efficient government and services to the citizens of our community.
Click on the Maps button to access the map gallery. The gallery contains a variety of themed map services and features including government boundaries, addresses, property lines, transportation, utilities, route directions, Google Street View, and more.
What is GIS?
A GIS system helps you answer questions and solve problems by looking at your data in a way that is quickly understood and easily shared. GIS allows us to view, understand, question, interpret, and visualize data in many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in the form of maps, globes, reports, and charts.
Who is MAP~GIS?
We are a consortium of members who have a common interest in bettering our technological efficiencies in order to better serve the public. Members include McCracken County, City of Paducah, Paducah McCracken Joint Sewer Agency, Paducah Power System, Paducah Water, and Paducah McCracken 911.